Week 3 Podcasting and listening resources
1. Integrating Call into the Classroom: the role of
podcasting
🌟🌟🌟🌟
2. Blending Technologies in ESL courses: a Reflexive
Enquiry
🌟🌟🌟🌟
One of the things that catch
my attention by Reading the article Integrating Call into the classroom: the
role of podcasting in an ESL Listening Strategies Course was the Podcasting
term I did know what podcasting is before reading the article, and I really liked
it because I think is a very useful tool for teaching, with the se of
podcasting students can improve their listening skills and the pronunciation as
well.
With the use of
podcasting students could be able to practice and reproduce listening exercises
at any time by their MP3 player or a mobile device and repeat the exercise as
many times they want, with the podcasting teachers can leave students practice
at home and get them more involve on the language. Nowadays many teachers use
videos or audios to help students improve listening skills or to improve the pronunciation
as well. I consider that in this article we can see that podcasting is a very
good technique that as teacher we can use.
Talking about the
second article Blending Technologies in ESL courses, this article mentioned is that
students feel motivate to learn by the using of podcasting, by using podcasting
they can have a good time listening the audio if it is an interesting conversation
for example. What I think is important is that the student fell motivate to
learn if we as teachers can get that in our students the acquisition of the
language will be easier and the use of podcasting could be one the techniques
that may help us with that goal.
I consider that using podcasts in the classroom and outside as activities or homework is very useful because students can practice the language, improve their listening skills, pronunciation and also learn new vocabulary. Technology has become a part of our day life routines, and is good to make use of it since now with an MP3, your laptop or by downloading an app you can listen to different podcasts and put into practice what you've been taught during class.
ResponderBorrarStudents will also feel motivated by listening to podcasts which contain interesting topics such music, sports, science, fashion or any other related topic that they feel identify with.
Hello Kenia. I'm glad to read that you consider the information in the articles useful. I agree with your point about the cruciality of choosing appropriate materials so our students feel motivated. How can we choose such kind of materials? How can we know what our students like? Any suggestions?
ResponderBorrarHi! Teacher
ResponderBorrarWell I think that we need to check what English skills our students need to improve, for example if they are having issues with the listening activities we need to look for ways in which they can practice their listening, we can look for web sites in which they can make listening exercises, personally I really liked to listen speeches about controversial topics and this had helped a lot improving my listening and my vocabulary as well, the point is look for something that could be attractive for them and not boring in that way they would enjoy the practice and learn easily.
So, you suggest paying attention to our students' weaknesses. You may also consider asking them directly the kind of topics they like or their hobbies. This information would allow you suit material specifically attractive to them.
ResponderBorrar