miércoles, 8 de febrero de 2017

USING INTERNET INTO ELT


KENIA VERONICA MENJIVAR

WEEK 4 CALL Me… Maybe: A Framework for integrating the Internet into ELT

RATE: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


I am glad to read the article for this week 4, because talk about the use of internet into ELT and different web sites that teachers can use Something that impress me was that there is a framework that can be used with access to internet or without access to internet.
Something that I remember about the article that I think teachers can put into practice is the use of internet in classrooms in language learning. Nowadays technology has become increasingly popular, as teachers we should use this tool and exploit all his benefits, as the article mentioned can help for advice, for analysis for creativity, etc.
Using as an advice, we can correct or resolve any doubt about an exercise for example or word if we have not clear the correct meaning, spelling, or pronunciation, personally I usually use it for this reason, because I do not know the correct spelling or pronunciation.
Talking about analysis, internet can help to understand a topic if we had doubts about what teacher explained on class and for any reason we did not ask to the teacher, we can go on internet and look more information about the topic and check some examples too.
Also, internet can be used for creativity too, because we can find many ideas for activities that can be use in class to tech any lesson or exercises that we can add to the class to understand better the topic that is being teach.

What I really liked about technology is that are many web sites in which we can find useful information nevertheless not everyone has access to internet all the time as we wish, so the article mentioned ways to incorporate technology even if students has access to internet or not, by using mobiles phones for example, we can use mobile phones as a useful tool too. 

1 comentario:

  1. Hello Kenia,
    I really like your post! I agree with you, as you mentioned, The Internet can be used in different ways. You pointed out that we can use Internet not only as a framework to teach languages but also, we can use Internet as a reinforcement tool i.e. to look for more content on certain topic, drills or tutorials. Another aspect that you point out is the way in which we can use Internet for creativity. We have the option to include this on our lesson plans, nowadays, there are many free-sites in which we can create our own material like Cacoo or comics maker. In this way, students can be asked to create their own recorded conversations, journals, blogs or even comic strips. Besides that, I like the fact that you mentioned as well another way to incorporate technology into the ESL classroom, that is mobile devices. Using mobile devices is a great alternative when our students have limited access to Internet, almost every website has a phone version to save data connection. Thank you for sharing your ideas 

    ResponderBorrar