Week 9
USING WIKIS
TO INCORPORATE WRITING SKILLS
Kenia Verónica
Menjivar Palencia
Article:
Online collaborating writing using Wikis
Rate:🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
The article
for this week was very interesting because provides information about the use
of software’s like wikis for the learning writing skills. I really like this
article because is based on a experience of a teacher ad the use of wikis to incorporate
students in learning writing skills. What caught my attention was how the
teacher use this tool for writing competences and daily life, how the investigation
showed how useful that the tool can be.
With the
use of wikis, teachers can create them owns task for teaching, writing to the
learners, also I think that is a good idea having students work in groups,
because they can have more ideas and incorporate them better to solve the
tasks.
As teachers, we need to use technology to incorporate
ideas for teaching English skills, people nowadays are very familiar with
technology and they prefer everything online, using this kind of online tasks
they get better the idea and work on it since home or on their cellphone at any
time they want and is easy for teachers to monitor the student’s work.
what I learned
reading this article was that is important to leave students express themselves
working in groups as the article mentioned they can give their ideas and
express better encouraging to provided ideas for the group activity. Using wiki
students can improve their writing skills in a different way.
Hello Verónica! It is good to read you...
ResponderBorrarIt also caught my attention how the teacher use this tool for writing competences and daily life, how the investigation showed how useful that the tool can be.
I think it is a challenge for us to include all these tools while we teach. On the other hand, I totally agree with you when you say that it is important to leave students to express themselves.
Let's keep in contact.